About the Hispanic League Scholarship Program:
The Hispanic League, in keeping with their mission to improve the lives of Hispanics/Latinos by facilitating their inclusion, education and health while promoting multicultural understanding, dignity and respect, has established this scholarship program to provide scholarships for deserving students. This year alone we were able to distribute 34 scholarships to some extraordinary students looking to continue their education!
The 2014 -2015 Scholarship Application is available NOW
The deadline is January 18, 2014.
Click HERE to apply
Basic Eligibility Requirements for 2014:
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates (including GED), or undergraduate students who have been accepted into an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (excludes graduate studies)
- Be past or present Forsyth County, NC, ESL students
- Be NC residents.
- Be of Hispanic/Latino origin
- There is no age limit for applicants
- Recipients must be present on Spanish Night, to be held April 26, 2014, to receive their awards.
- Recipients must plan to attend an accredited college or an institution of higher education in the fall of the year the award is offered (excludes graduate studies).
- Must have academic achievement
- Must have financial need Applicants may be former recipients of Hispanic League scholarships.
- US Citizenship is not required.
- Volunteer 20 hours to the Hispanic League during the year.
- Family of current Hispanic League Board and Scholarship Committee are not eligible for these scholarships.
There is additional information required to complete your application packet. It is your responsibility to request these materials.
Scholarship Sponsors for 2013:
- Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- The Atkinson Law Firm
- Compare Foods
- Law Office of Alan Doorasamy Sr.
- The Dummit Law Firm
- Food Lion
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Hanesbrands, Inc.
- Hispanic League
- Liz Romo Kelly & Greenlight Leasing LLC
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLC
- Mike Lewis Attorneys
- Liringis Chiropractic
- Modern Nissan
- Reynolds American
- Salem College
- Salem College Fleer Center
- Time Warner Cable
- Truliant Federal Credit Union
- Wells Fargo
- YMCA of NWNC
Family Scholarship Sponsors for 2013:
- Guillermo & Luisa Elena Alvarez
- Ferrmin Bocanegra
- Javier & Yngrid Chacon
- James & Dianne Iseman
- Allison Norton-Rimron & Pat Rimron
Community That Cares Scholarship Patrons:
- Haluri "Luly" Beckles
- Mickey & Susan Caroon
- Michael Cottingham
- Lawrence Gray Chiropractic
- Paul & Addy Jeffrey
- Norman & Maria Justice
- Jamie Huss & Gregg Jambeck
- Carlos & Letticia Iruela
- Pauline Morris
- Daisy Rodriguez
- Wayne & Mari Jo Turner
- James B. Wilson
- Francisca Zamora